Statement of Intent



 I am currently striving to create a music magazine front cover and double page spread that reflects the genre of hip-hop and pop which is aimed at the higher end of the target age so around the ages of 16-18. My magazine is called hip-pop which reflects both genres quite obviously. My dominant image has my model looking toward her left as in reference to connotations, looking to your right is seen as looking back at the past and therefore my model is looking toward the future. The reference to the future has also been made directly under the model name where I have stated 'Moriah and the upcoming future' as it links to my dou
ble page spread as it is about the experiences and the future of her. As I do not want my front cover to look too crowded, I am not going to include any other images as it disables a hinted chance of it looking unprofessional. In my cover lines, I tried to cover a range of bases so that there is more to offer. I included a hip-hop love story of Cardi B and Offset and I also mentioned the name of a few artists as I discovered that it was quite common in a few magazines and that it would draw the attention of the reader if they saw an artist that they listen to and enjoy. 
In my double page spread article, I am going to have my model sitting on the edge and the headline will state 'changing perceptions one note at a time' and then I am going to have my article around it under it and pictures on the side. My model will be sitting on the bottom left corner and therefore, she will be looking at the article as it is about her. For the rest of the pictures, I want to use images that convey her personality and attitudes toward her work and effort. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Test shot questions

Audience Research 1 and Analysis